Our 4th of July went much as our day travel plans often do - with mechanicals! :) My husband couldn't get all of the boat trailer lights to work, so I followed in my car just in case the Staties wanted to ticket him. It was a good thing - as one of the trailer tires peeled down about 5o miles into the trip on the highway - fun!
Managed to get it off, find a Walmart, buy the only tire they had that would fit, had it mounted, drove back, put it on, assessed the other tire, drive all vehicles to Walmart, buy a second one, get it mounted, then my husband put it on, replaced trailer lights and arrived at Lake by 2:30!
It was a fine 3 hours at the lake at which point we decided that because we had to get our son to summer camp on Sunday, and it is a 5 hour drive one-way that we had better start the return trip . . . unfortunately, the lug nuts weren't tighten down well enough on the second tire. WOW, I had never seen what that did - bored out the holes in the rim, and stripped the bolts out almost completely!
Please note that Walmart did not put the tire on, and in a marriage it is generally best not to point fingers or mutter at any volume "Why didn't you check . . .?"
So - Cody and I just worked on his learning how to spell the states names in the U.S.
A friend of a friend has a place at the lake and we managed to get the boat/trailer to his house to leave it until we can get a new trailer wheel set this week.
I am not sure which of the following two events tests a couple's ability to communicate and cooperate more - car mechanicals, or house renovation. Because I tend to believe that life presents whatever it is I need growth in -I guess this is it for the moment!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The trails and tribulations of marriage do make for great writing, does they not?
ReplyDelete